Valentina Heart's Reviews > Townie and the Twink

Townie and the Twink by Daisy Harris

bookshelves: glbt, the-romance-reviews

This review was originally written for The Romance Reviews and can also be found there.

With TOWNIE AND THE TWINK, Daisy Harris is coming back to that level of ‘wickedly good' that first hooked me to her Men of Holsum College series.

The great characterization is back and the level of hotness as well as intimacy is high enough to keep the reader interested. This time she won me over with Gabe and his special superpower, which made me laugh more than once. Nick was a bit lost and confused, but genuinely a nice guy and by the end of it, it was pretty easy to forgive all of his tripping points and just accept him as a man with flaws who is only better for them.

I liked the seemingly innocent development of their relationship and the ensuing hotness certainly didn't hurt any. Just the idea that Gabe knew Nick was gay while even Nick wasn't aware of it made this book different, but it was Nick's overall attitude that charmed me all the way through. Now, it probably is one of those things that people will love or hate, but Daisy Harris made an effort to make her characters real and the cloud of denial following Nick around was nothing but entertaining for me.

While great chemistry is something to be expected with this series together with almost burning sexual interactions, each of the books is different and it is precisely that diversity that keeps Men of Holsum College refreshing. Right now I have a few books from this author behind me, and I still consider this series to be the best. So take a jump and start with College Boys, it just might be your thing.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Townie and the Twink.

June 13, 2012 – Started Reading
June 13, 2012 – Shelved
June 13, 2012 –
0.0% "'Gabe is sucking my cock, but yeah, there's nothing too gay about that' lmao"
June 15, 2012 – Finished Reading