Fanna's Reviews > Clap When You Land

Clap When You Land by Elizabeth Acevedo

72205668

Read 2 times. Last read August 1, 2020 to August 14, 2020.

August 14, 2020: I thought nothing would be more amazing than listening to Acevedo narrate her beautiful novel-in-verse but reading the words has really wrecked me.

August 01, 2020: I listened to the audiobook just a few weeks ago and bawled. But I need to read it too so I'm happy to slowly go through Acevedo's beautiful writing over the month as this book is the monthly pick for The Immortal Bibliophiles.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clap When You Land.

June 23, 2020 – Started Reading (Audiobook Edition)
June 23, 2020 – Shelved (Audiobook Edition)
June 23, 2020 – Shelved as: 2020-releases (Audiobook Edition)
June 23, 2020 –
6.0% "Woah, This is going to be a difficult read. I'm always slightly triggered by death of parents in stories and this one hits right off the bat with that one so I might be taking it all quite slow." (Audiobook Edition)
June 23, 2020 –
36.0% "[She asks me how I'm doing. Stupid fucking question.]

The grief in this book is raw, honest, and shattering. There's no doubt that Acevedo perfectly captures the anger, frustration, and sadness seeping through one's soul when someone close has just been lost. A bit where Yahaira finds herself guilty of even sleeping soundly is so devastating because she feels the grief should never be halting, right?"
June 25, 2020 –
58.0% "Every sentence in this book demands a whirlwind of emotions and you might think you're just a readers witnessing it all but when the tear would start rolling down your cheek, you'll realise how much you've been engrossed in this perfectly chaotic story." (Audiobook Edition)
June 25, 2020 –
74.0% "Cried twice.

It's so true. We daughters keep idolising our father and labelling him a hero but then a time comes when we see, as in actually see, her for the first time and realise how stronger she really is, and how Dad is definitely more flawed."
June 26, 2020 –
85.0% "These two sisters. Sisters. Sisters. Sisters.

Sorry if you find this update spoiler-y but it genuinely isn't because the fact is evident through the blurb itself. Ok."
(Audiobook Edition)
June 28, 2020 – Finished Reading (Audiobook Edition)
August 1, 2020 – Started Reading