Jaimie Admans's Reviews > The Summer Island Swap

The Summer Island Swap by Samantha Tonge

12056280

Wow! This is the perfect summer escape that we all so desperately need at the moment! I totally lost myself in the gorgeous setting of Seagrass Island!

I'd never read a book set in the Virgin Islands before, never read a book with conservation as a focus before, and never read a book with a monkey in it before! And I'm so glad I did! Chatty the monkey may well be my favourite book animal ever!

I loved Sarah, and her protective, sisterly attitude, the relationship between the two sisters, especially how it evolves as the book goes on, and the hints at their unhappy past which isn't fully revealed until the end, and of course, I loved gorgeous Rick, his passion and dedication, and the building relationship between him and Sarah! I also love the smaller characters, like Jonas, Benedikt, and Margot - all characters who will stay with me for a long time!

I laughed, I cringed at some of the things Sarah had to do, and I sobbed at the end! I couldn't stop thinking about this book when I'd put my Kindle down and looked forward to getting back to it every night! I love Samantha Tonge as an author - this is far from my first book of hers and it certainly won't be my last! Although I sincerely hope I won't be showering with a tarantula anytime soon, I would love a little Chatty of my own! He was the absolute highlight of this wonderful book for me!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Summer Island Swap.

Finished Reading