Crystal's Reviews > The Night Eternal

The Night Eternal by Guillermo del Toro

Jun 12, 2012

I am a HUGE vampire fan (real vampires, not those glittery pieces of crap that are in those dumb ass twilight books), and found this series to be a great read. I like the twist on the traditional vampire story with some old legendy stuff thrown in.

In my life I have bought less than a dozen brand new books in hardcover (when they first came out) and this series (after reading the first book) was one in which I just couldn't wait for the paperback version to come out because I had to buy it. I rate books on how much I want to read them so that I have to actually buy a copy and because this book compelled me to actually buy it new (I actually pre-ordered it), that should tell you something about how good it was. I own more than 1000 books and out of all of those less than 12 were purchased as brand new hardcover editions.

That all being said, this series is a def MUST read for any vampire enthusiast. I sincerely hope that these two write more books in the future AND that this series gets made into some movies. Good movies, not made for TV crap you see on the SyFy channel (no offense to those who actually watch that garbage). So, if you want a good story with an engaging plot, pick these books up and you won't be disappointed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Night Eternal.

Finished Reading