Marcia Carrington's Reviews > 12 Precious Anecdotes from Life

12 Precious Anecdotes from Life by Payal Roy

Jun 12, 2012

bookshelves: humanity, inspiration, life, literary, love, memories, slice-of-life
Read from June 14 to July 14, 2012

Author Payal Roy’s inspirational work, 12 PRECIOUS ANECDOTES FROM LIFE, is one of those books which made me reflect about how life really is filled with jewels and precious moments which, sometimes, we do not anticipate, or fully appreciate, but occur so that we can learn, and grow, from the experience. It is a book which contains 12 different life events, as witnessed by author, and narrator Anita Maher, detailing how the lives of Anita’s close friends and acquaintances were enriched from their life-changing experiences.

The anecdotes are written with flair and flow well, and, while similar in their intent, each tell a different narrative. It is a book with a slow build, meaning that it does not contain flashy or melodramatic scenes; rather, it focuses upon the small moments in the lives of its characters, and conveys how they find meaning from their individual experiences. I enjoyed all of the anecdotes, and do not want to single out any one in particular, as they were all very good. This is a thoughtful, coherent, well-written book which you will remember long after reading it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 12 Precious Anecdotes from Life.