Magan Vernon's Reviews > My Paper Heart

My Paper Heart by Magan Vernon

Jun 11, 2012

(Review from the author)
bookshelves: indelibles-on-fire, new-adult

After graduating college I had an idea for a book about a girl that got the letter she couldn't maintain her grades and would be kicked out of college.

There was that idea, but a story never came into fruition. Then I was with my (then fiance) in West Virginia for a football game. That night I had a dream about a girl dancing, her blonde hair was swinging all around her head. I wanted to know who the girl was and why she was dancing. Then she got the attention of a guy with the most beautiful pair of blue eyes I had ever seen, but not a good attention, more of a "what the heck are you doing" attention.

This is where this story was conceived. Three years in the making and on August 1st, 2012 it will finally come to life.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Paper Heart.

Quotes Magan Liked

Magan Vernon
“That's when I caught my first glimpse of Blaine Crabtree. He was sandwiched in between two guys that were laughing at who knows what. At first I didn't notice anything but a big mop of bleached blonde hair, then he looked up from his pack of cloves and I was locked into the bluest eyes that I had ever seen. His expression didn't change, he didn't smile and didn't blink. It seemed like I was lost in his eyes, like he was using them to do the most calculated math problem, and that math problem was me.”
Magan Vernon, My Paper Heart

Magan Vernon
“And if I ever see you or your fake ass Chanel earrings around here again, I will shove my very real, very pointy Jimmy Choos up your prissy little ass. Do I make myself clear?”
Magan Vernon, My Paper Heart

Laura's Book Addiction No words for how much I want to read this

Magan Vernon HA, thanks! I hope it lives up to your expectations!