Tari's Reviews > Triple Chocolate Cheesecake Murder

Triple Chocolate Cheesecake Murder by Joanne Fluke

bookshelves: netgalley

It's always great to get back to Lake Eden and characters I've come to think of as old friends. This time, the most unlikely person was the suspect in the mayor's death...Andrea! And of course, that made Bill have to step away from it leaving Mike and Lonnie to investigate with their now-asked-for help from Hannah. Michelle sometimes stepped in to help, since she's involved with Lonnie.

I loved that this book started with some real interest and action too. Usually (and I adore that silly Moishe kitty, don't get me wrong) it's Moishe waking Hannah and Hannah thinking it's someone in her dream. It started off with a stronger than usual story and kept it all the way through. You have to be used to this series to realize that along with a little mystery, you get a heaping helping of neighbor talk and some of the yummiest-sounding recipes you'll ever come across. It's all part of the charm though, and this book had the feel of the earlier books that I came to love so much.

There was a really good twist that I had started suspecting at one point. As always, it was well-explained by everyone with a wrap up at the end. The showdown was rather peaceful although it could have taken a bad turn. I'm sure Bill and Andrea were two of the most relieved people when the mystery was solved.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher via NetGalley, and my opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Triple Chocolate Cheesecake Murder.

July 27, 2020 – Shelved