preppea's Reviews > The Vincent Brothers

The Vincent Brothers by Abbi Glines

Jun 10, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: romance, contemporary, zz-reviewed

As a story, The Vincent Brothers was great; it was fast paced and entertaining and I flew through it. As a love story, I didn't like it, not one bit... Maybe it was too realistic for me - we get to hear how Sawyer thinks and honestly, I think that's how guys really do think in this type of scenario - but that doesn't mean I want them to think that way in my love stories... That's why I read - to enter an alternate reality... And Ashton, I liked her in The Vincent Boys; but man did she make me mad in this one! I felt like I was in one long Jan vs Marsha Brady episode... "Marsha Marsha Marsha". Honestly I wanted Lana to realize she deserved better than what Sawyer was willing to give her and send him packing... I mean, if this is Lana's love story - its a sad one... And the moral of the story seemed to be, if you lower your standards and let the guy walk all over you, maybe he'll fall for you in the end... Ugh.

It just felt like for this to be Lana's story, we spent way too much time with everyone fawning over Ashton. Even Beau drove me nuts, the way he was so self-righteous anytime Sawyer said anything remotely unkind to Ashton. Sorry but the world does not revolve around your girlfriend just because you (and she) thinks it does... I just wanted more for Lana - (view spoiler)

But back to where I said as a story I really enjoyed this - I think Abbi Glines is a great author and tells an amazing story, it flows seemlessly and keeps you hooked. (The love story part is personal preference and I'm sure many will love it - it just left me a little forlorn.) I will say I particularly loved a conversation Beau had near the end that happened to be completely unrelated to Lana or Ashton. (view spoiler)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Vincent Brothers.