Heather Wiese's Reviews > All I Want for Christmas is a Vampire

All I Want for Christmas is a Vampire by Kerrelyn Sparks

Jun 10, 2012

I haven't read this series in a while, so I forgot how silly it can be. The characters are all, well, characters! And the world building does have some funny parts, like "Bleer" and Vampire Television.

Toni (a human) sets out to prove that her best friend Bri was attacked by vampires after she is kept in the hospital for observation. Toni is then attacked by (bad) vampires and saved by (good) vampires. Since she doesn't want her memory erased, she agrees to go work for the good guys. It's her hope that she can get proof of the vamps to show to a lawyer to get Bri out of the mental institution where her aunt and uncle sent her. Turns out they do think she is delusional, but they are more interested in taking her trust-fund millions. Bad relatives!!

While working at the good-guy compound, Toni meets Ian, a 500 year old Scottish vampire who was turned when he was 15. He has recently taken a drug to age him 12 years and is still getting used to his new body, but he wants to find true love. The only problem is he's looking for a vamp lady so that he doesn't have to hide who he is. E-dating ensues, nothing ends well with that.

As Toni desperately tries to figure out how to break Bri out of the hospital she starts falling for Ian...and Ian starts falling for his little human.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All I Want for Christmas is a Vampire.