Vanessa theJeepDiva's Reviews > Enslaved in Shadows

Enslaved in Shadows by Tigris Eden

Jun 10, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: 2012, ebook, request, paranormal-romance

While on vacation in Belize Jesminda is determined to have fun, soak up some sun, and find her wild side. Draven turns her little walk on the wild side into the biggest moment of her life. It is just a moment though. After their paths crossed they went in opposite directions and expected never to see each other again.

Five years later Jes is in deep trouble. She’s running from an abusive ex-husband, protecting the only thing in her life she holds dear, and trying to stop her ex-husband from harming any more people including herself. She’s been broken, used and abused. She now knows that the man she married to is pure evil. She turns to the Shadow Unit with hopes that they can stop his evil from spreading further.

Draven has devoted his time to the Shadow Unit. They are the people that police the immortals. He enjoys his job of policing the immortals. Draven is beyond angry over his newest assignment. He has been ordered to babysit a human. Draven and his superior werewolf genes see humans as weak and beneath him. He is shocked when he sees that the human is the one person he never thought he would, but always hoped he would see again.

Draven and Jes have a sexual chemistry that will scorch this book right out of your hands. These two are hot! Draven is also adamant about getting Jes to a better place emotionally. Her marriage has severly damaged her spirit. The great thing about reading her is that you can still see that buried under all the mess that was her marriage that she will overcome her insecurities. Draven can sense it too. Everything he does, even when he makes some foolish, brash decisions is for Jes and what is best for her.

The entire Shadow Unit team is intriguing. The various members come from all walks of supernatural/paranormal life. They have an assortment of different abilities that allow them to better assist their team member’s. Readers are given little peaks into some of the men’s personalities and backgrounds.

I have a hard time with books that end on a cliff hanger or where the characters I’ve enjoyed reading are lead into the unknown, and I’m left guessing. To say that the end of Enslaved in Shadows disappointed me would be an understatement. I’m still flabbergasted by the ending. There is a key element I have come to expect with romances, it is missing with this ending. Jes and Draven have been through so much, and they deserved so much more. I can only assume that their story will pick up in Burned in Shadows. I can’t see the second installment in this series going anywhere else.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Enslaved in Shadows.