Grace's Reviews > The Two Princesses of Bamarre

The Two Princesses of Bamarre by Gail Carson Levine

F 50x66
Jun 10, 2012

Read in June, 2012

** spoiler alert ** I just finished reading this book for the second time. The first time I read it was when I was in third grade and I loved it then, so I wanted to re-read it and see if I still loved it or not. When I first started this book for the second time, it was kind of boring and I thought it was an easy read. But as I continued to read it, I was drawn into the story and I felt like I was traveling with Princess Addie (the main character) throughout her journey. I was there with her as she fought gryphons, spectors and ogres, as she searched for a cure to save her sister from the Grey Death, and as she found romance. I think the first time I read it I didn't truly understand everything that was going on and I didn't notice some stuff, but after re-reading this book I was refreshed and I fell in love with it for the second time. I had a new understanding and appreciation for the book. Although I loved it, there were some things I was disappointed about. I was upset that Meryl, Addie's sister, becomes a fairy at the end instead of returning to her life at the palace with Addie. I was also mad that Gavin, a boy from a village, died while helping Addie and Meryl reach the cure. He was one of my favorite characters for his bravery and willingness to help the two princesses. I did like it though when Addie met the famous Drualt and how he was helping her the whole time throughout her enitre journey. Despite my dislikes though, The Two Princesses of Bamarre is definitley one of my favorite books written by Gail Carson Levine, along with Ella Enchanted. I really like Levine's writting style and how she incorperates adventure, romance and fantasy all into one book. In my opinion, this was without a doubt one of the best books she's ever written.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Two Princesses of Bamarre.