Kayla Ashley's Reviews > Kept in the Dark

Kept in the Dark by Penny Hancock

Jun 10, 2012

bookshelves: to-read, won-from-first-reads

I won this book from a first reads giveaway here on goodreads. Unfortunately, I will NOT be reading or reviewing it any time soon because I never actually received it! I won it on June 10th, and it's now September 26th so I'm pretty sure it's not coming. I e-mailed Penguin (they hosted the giveaway) about it a couple of times and I don't know why but no one's gotten back to me. I'm a little sad because I was sooooo excited to read this. Oh well. I just wanted to explain in case anyone wondered why I never got around to reviewing or even reading this one. I always read and review everything I win off of first reads!

Moral of the story: don't get too excited when you win a giveaway. The prize might not ever actually come... haha. :)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kept in the Dark.

message 1: by Amber (new)

Amber e-mail them

message 2: by Kayla (new) - added it

Kayla Ashley Hah, I put I didn't recieve it since it's been over 6 weeks but meh, I'll wait a bit more since I don't think anyone else who won has read or received it yet anyways :P

I hope it comes though lol

message 3: by Amber (new)

Amber Check with the other winners? If it still hasn't come in two weeks then you got some serious hell to raise :P

message 4: by Amber (new)

Amber Maybe the book hasn't been printed yet...? When is its publication date?

message 5: by Kayla (new) - added it

Kayla Ashley According to goodreads, late August. It could be wrong though. :3

message 6: by Amber (new)

Amber Doublecheck Amazon or Indigo?

message 7: by Valerie (new) - added it

Valerie I won as well and have not received the book. The giveaway books are usually given to the winner in advance of the publication date for reviews. I have contacted Penguin, about 4 days ago, and have not heard back yet.

message 8: by Kayla (new) - added it

Kayla Ashley Hi Valerie! Thanks so much for writing! I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't received it lol. I just thought it was weird that it's been... I guess 7 weeks now and I still haven't received it! I've won a few books on here and they've usually all come within 6 weeks. Let me know if you hear anything from Penguin. Hopefully there's just been a delay or something like that, and we'll get the book soon. I was really excited to read it. :)

message 9: by Valerie (new) - added it

Valerie This was the one I was excited for as well. I've received a few others already that I won after Kept in the Dark.

message 10: by Valerie (new) - added it

Valerie Still don't have it?

message 11: by Kayla (new) - added it

Kayla Ashley No :( I keep waiting and checking the mail hoping it comes, but no luck! If it doesn't come tomorrow, I'm going to send an e-mail to Penguin. *sigh* Why, did you get it? Or hear anything??

message 12: by Valerie (new) - added it

Valerie Nope. I sent them a message through Goodreads a couple weeks ago and just sent them another email through their customer service email listed on their website. We'll see...

message 13: by Valerie (new) - added it

Valerie for shame! I was so excited to read this.

message 14: by Katie (new)

Katie Kenig I came to check tonight to see if you'd gotten your copy yet Kayla and am so disappointed. I still haven't gotten mine either, though I have gotten a couple of others from Penguin that I won after this one. I wish I knew what was going on with this. It looks like someone really botched the shipment.

message 15: by Kayla (new) - added it

Kayla Ashley Yup... after 3 attempts of getting in contact with Penguin through e-mail, just wondering if something happened, I finally figured that unless this book comes ridiculously late, it's not coming! :( I feel like Penguin's pretending the giveaway never even happened since they couldn't even let me know it wasn't coming... aw well! I've received other books from Penguin as well, Katie, so I have no idea what happened. I wish Penguin could of let us know instead of not answering and making us wonder and wait. I'm not mad, just disappointed that we have no idea what's going on with the book we won. Luckily I've won other books on here because if this was the first or only book I'd won I'd be soooooo much more disappointed than I already am haha. I know Valerie you sent Penguin some e-mails/messages too and I don't think they ever got back to you either? :( So weird...

message 16: by Valerie (new) - added it

Valerie Not even a simple reply :(

message 17: by Kayla (new) - added it

Kayla Ashley Yeah, I have no idea why they couldn't just say something happened... :(