Michael's Reviews > Past Tense

Past Tense by Lee Child

liked it

Jack Reacher is a man with a Past. And it’s definitely Tense. While deciding to journey across the hypotenuse of the ole US of A, he comes across the town where his father grew up and decides to do a little genealogy research. That story gets a 3. It was ok. I mean, predictable. But, then again, it’s a Jack Reacher book. Aren’t they all? I was happy to see a brief return of Jack listening to the music in his head. That went away after the first book, didn’t it? And that always right clock. Hadn’t heard that one in a few.

There Is a secondary plot about some kids from Canada and a motel and them being stranded there, and eventually Reacher’s path crosses with those Canadians. It was also pretty predictable, especially considering a few movies that have come out recently with the same subject matter. Still, I give that story 4 stars.

So, a slightly better than average Reacher book. Call it 3.5 stars when you average the two together. As always, I rate Reacher novels only as compared to other Reacher novels.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Past Tense.

July 22, 2020 – Started Reading