Joyzi's Reviews > Angels and Demons

Angels and Demons by Dan Brown

Oct 04, 2008

bookshelves: borrowed, fiction, religion, 5-stars-or-more, adult, books-to-movies, reviewed, favorites, mystery, book-series, historical-fiction, banned, realistic-fiction, crime, contemporary-fiction, author-american, thought-provoking
Recommended to Joyzi by: My classmates
Recommended for: Peeps who loves mystery, thriller, puzzles
Read on January 12, 2006

I can't put it down and read it in one day. I remember my mom was mad at me because I'm like, "I don't want to eat yet, I'm reading a book!" After that I ate lunch, at our table while still reading and I'm holding the book in my other hand and holding the spoon in my other hand. That's how good this book is.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angels and Demons.

05/21/2016 marked as: read

Jasmin i remember feeling that way too! LOL

Jerald Vernon Torres yap me too.

Joyzi Thanks ^^

K.D. Absolutely Yes, I was in an island in Palawan and I could not keep myself from reading this and my then very young daughter was crying because I was not paying attention to her and then she was also afraid to look at the cover because there was the word "demon" on it.

Joyzi Kapag nagbabasa ko nito sa bahay lagi kasi akong madaldal. Alam mo ba mama yung Catholic Church blah blah blah tapos mapapatingin lang siya sa kin ano ba yang binabasa mo, tapos mageexplain na lang yung parents ko tungkol sa religion.

Well for them it's somehow nice because I got interested in religion medyo di kasi talaga ko religious na bata.

Maria love this more than The Da Vinci Code. :)

Joyzi me too, though I haven't read the last one The Lost Symbol

Maria i also love The Lost Symbol, different atmosphere but amazing book nonetheless

Joyzi I wanna read it but there are so many negative reviews, I'm afraid I'll be disappointed

Maria :) then you'll never know if the negative reviews are warranted.

Joyzi I know but the book is expensive, maybe I'll try to look in the library

message 12: by K.D. (new) - rated it 3 stars

K.D. Absolutely For me, The Lost Symbol is not at par with the first two Robert Langdon books and I think I am not alone having that opinion. For me, it's just nice to read if you want to kill time.

Joyzi okay ^^ I will definitely read it then

Abott I connected with every word in your review. At the time I wasn't married yet and my mother was mad because I didn't eat with the family and when I did, I kept reading the bloody book. I even remember that while drinking water I used to take the book up in order to keep it in my line of sight. My sister still laughs at me for this.

It is one of the best experiences I've had, especially because there were a lot of historical and cultural references in the book, and I remember googling and reading about them and that was wonderful.

The Lost Symbol, for me, was a huge disappointment in every aspect: bad writing, below average story, and uninteresting cultural elements.

Joyzi Yeah it's really annoying when you're in the middle of reading interesting and then someone will just disturbed you to eat ^^

Maria i beg to differ. The Lost Symbol for me is where Langdon is the strongest. It might not be as great as the first two books, but it is still gripping and mind-puzzling. Joyzi, i think may ebook ako neto :)

Joyzi Thanks Maria ^^

Joyzi can you send it in my e-mail, pm ko na lang

Abott Hi Maria. I think I agree with that. He was stronger in the last book.

My take on The Lost Symbol is that Brown tried to make the book look like the Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons, but that's not possible as the subject is very different. He was very anxious that people won't like this one and that was his self-fulfulling propohecy. Because he tried to make it as good as the first two of the series, people hated the book.

Joyzi maybe it's just because it's the last book and people have higher expectations

message 21: by K.D. (new) - rated it 3 stars

K.D. Absolutely Yes, for me, I was expecting him to up the ante so to speak. Instead, I think he lost the stream. Using the Capitol and interpreting those symbol is just not as interesting as the first two books. Then in the end saying that the Word of God (Holy Bible) is the secret (or something to that effect) is just too obvious.

Joyzi so the lost symbol is the Bible?

Abott I agree with K.D. I would also like to add that in the first half of the book, he also made believe that he is talking about something bigger and more profound, which made the things worse for him.

Joyzi so he's like building the story up but in the end it was a big let down

message 25: by K.D. (new) - rated it 3 stars

K.D. Absolutely Indeed. But.. that building of the story? It's excellent. I enjoyed that part when I thought he would die while submerged in the water (or something). In that aspect, I guess I can relate to Maria saying that his writing is stronger (than the first 2 books). But yeah, sorry for the spoiler, the lost symbol is... the Word of God! :)

Jerald Vernon Torres Here's a sneak peek to the new novel of mr. Dan Brown

Hoping to enjoy it

Joyzi wow!

Joyzi My ratings are barely based on personal opinion. I did enjoy it so for me it deserves 5 stars.

message 29: by haythamalex (new) - added it

haythamalex i wish if i can read the book its looks hularius to read and hopeful