Cathy's Reviews > One Moment

One Moment by Kristina McBride

Jun 09, 2012

This book was interesting, had a good story and kept me glued to the pages from the very beginning. It was an enjoyable read and would I would recommend.

Imagine it's your junior year, summer break is about to start and you're going to be seniors. Everything is perfect and then something tragic happens, a very bad accident that results in your boyfriends death and you can't remember what happened moments before he jumped off that cliff, this is what happened with Maggie. It's her story of figuring out who Joey really was and realizing that she really didn't know him as well as she thought she did. It's as if he was on a pedestal and he could do no wrong, or at least that's what she thought. Throughout the book you get little hints here and there about what was really going on and she still wants to be in denial but it all comes crashing down on her.

Overall this was a good book, all be it a little predictable especially to everyone in the whole world except the main character, but that is what denial will do to you. Even though it is predictable it's still fun to watch her go through the motions and to see how the author is going to break everything down for you. The characters were good, I did like Maggie although she was a little blind to things and I thought Joey was an ass. Adam on the other hand was a sweetheart, but we all know how that goes as girls always want the bad ones before they realize hey I should have gone for the good one.

The cover is definitely cute although I wouldn't have minded seeing the cliff itself into the lake or would that be wrong because he died there? Hmm I don't know but it would have been pretty since the majority of things happened on this cliff.

You should check this out if you are looking for a quick read with an interesting story behind it. It's always good to see the main character figure things out and see how wrong they could have been about someone else. I haven't read the author's debut novel but I will definitely check it out now.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Moment.