Lisa's Reviews > The Raven Boys

The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater

F 50x66
Jun 09, 2012

bookshelves: first-read

I won an ARC of this book on Goodreads. I have previously read Stiefvater's Shiver series, and while I enjoyed the series, this book is so much better. Stiefvater has created an original, magical and eerily creepy world filled with interesting, multi-dimensional characters that are on an epic quest to uncover a sleeping king.

Blue, the only non-psychic in a family of psychics; Gansey, the boy everyone follows; Adam, the poor boy working to pay his way through private school; Ronan, the boy who will fight anyone - mostly himself; and Noah, the boy who can be so quiet it is like he isn't even there. Stiefvater sets up her characters with intriguing backstories, but only gives readers glimpses into them. She unfurls the story slowly and quietly, so you aren't entirely sure what is happening at all times and you have no choice but to keep reading. As you read you get further entrenched into the tale and do not want it to end, and it becomes obvious that there is so much more to the story than Stiefvater is letting on. Sadly, we must wait for book two to continue the journey. I greatly look forward to the rest of this series.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Raven Boys.