Latoya's Reviews > The Darkening Dream

The Darkening Dream by Andy Gavin

Dark. The synopsis gives a good description of the book, so I will attempt to not rehash that but it's about vampires, religion and some witchcraft stuff goes on. I haven't read anything like this that I can recall and will say that this will be memorable for me. I will never forget reading this book. Gavin has done an amazing job of blending all these different aspects together to make for a compelling read. Some people may find this to be a bit gory in certain scenes. Let's just say my jaw dropped on several occasions from the grotesque nature of events that happened in this book. The writing is very detailed and gives a good visual idea of what in going on. The pace was a bit slow and it took me longer to read this than I would have liked...partly because I was freaked out (I'm a punk, you may like it). Okay, so the whole book is not scary but try it. The characters are interesting and the historical aspects are pretty cool. Sarah and her friends are brave to go chasing after a 900 year-old vampire or incredibly nuts. Overall, that ending was worth the read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Darkening Dream.

June 9, 2012 – Started Reading
June 9, 2012 – Shelved
June 13, 2012 –
page 32
8.38% "Scary,I don't really do scary but I'm going to attempt it."
page 186
page 150
39.27% "Taking me longer than I would like to read this...it's interesting though."
June 26, 2012 –
page 150
39.27% "This book is scary, so no reading before bedtime...I learned my lesson"
July 22, 2012 –