Willow L's Reviews > Trixie and Katya's Guide to Modern Womanhood

Trixie and Katya's Guide to Modern Womanhood by Trixie Mattel

liked it
bookshelves: books-i-own

This book was fun! I really like Trixie and Katya, and I do think you definitely have to be a fan of their work/Drag Race to really get the humour in this, and several of the references. My issue with this book though, is that it wasn't as absurd or funny as I thought it was going to be. It did make me laugh, and overall the experience was enjoyable, but for two cis gay drag queens writing a humorous book about "modern womanhood" I thought it would be a lot more absurdist in nature, especially knowing their sense of humour and how they can bounce off each other. This book has some genuinely good advice which threw me off, along with it not always centring the ridiculous idea of idilic womanhood like I thought it would through its marketing. In the same vein, I found it to be a little disconnected and odd how they would shift from absurdist humour to actual good advice (albeit written very wonderfully in their voices). It didn't make much sense to me. But again, overall it was a very enjoyable book but definitely not at all what I expected it to be, and not nearly as funny as I imagined either.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Trixie and Katya's Guide to Modern Womanhood.

July 19, 2020 – Started Reading