Sue's Reviews > Through a Glass Darkly

Through a Glass Darkly by Karleen Koen

Jun 08, 2012

Read in June, 2012

This is not the type of book I normally read. While I am generally a sci-fi/fantasy reader, I do like a good historical novel, and I also like a good story set in England. Through a Glass Darkly is an epic book, certainly a long read, but I seriously enjoyed it, and really bonded with the characters. I shed some tears at several points in the novel.

The book follows Barbara Aderley as she transitions from a girl living in the manor of her duchess grandmother to being a new bride, a fixture at the English and French courts, the victim of scandal, and the trials of life in the early 1700s. The only thing keeping me from a 5-star rating on this is that I felt there were several plot points that never were resolved. Perhaps some may come back in the sequel, but I had questions remaining at the end of this book.

I purchased this book for free for my Kindle during a promotional period, and was made aware of the offer through Pixel of Ink. However, I think I will pay to purchase the sequel; the first book was that enjoyable.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Through a Glass Darkly.