Diana's Reviews > The Goddess Inheritance

The Goddess Inheritance by Aimee Carter

bookshelves: mythology, favorites, signed, arc, young-adult

It's books like this that make me want to take a break from reading, it's so amazingly good that I can't think of starting another. I was so lost in it from the beginning I was completely immersed in the world created.

I love the characters, the relationship between the characters, everything they have to go through and most of all the emotions they feel.

This is still definitely my favorite retelling of the Persephone myth I've read. It's not just about Kate and Henry, it's about Kate and her mother, Kate and the rest of her family and now Kate and her baby.
The story of Kate and her baby, what a mother won't do for her child, the fight she had to fight for her baby is amazing on it's own. But then of course we have the fight everyone else had to fight, and it was none stop. Possibly the perfect ending for the trilogy which had a pretty tame start I never would have expected this is where it was going when I picked up the first book six months ago.

Starting the final book in any series no matter how long they are; be it three books, six books or even ten is always hard because we no once we get to the end that's it for us, the only choice we have for being with those characters again is to read them all again. Which I immediately wanted to and will mostly do first chance I get. We have to say goodbye to characters we've grown to love over years, months or maybe even weeks of reading but sometimes an ending is so great that you're ok with it, you're happy with the road they'll be taking. You're ok with it because you've loved together, you've lost together and you've been through so much together that you know it's time to let go and have new adventures with new characters. You'll never forget them and you'll always remember their stories and you know they'll always be there for you when you need them again. And I will most definitely be going back to Olympus or the Underworld when I can.

I received this book via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
ORIGINAL POST
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Goddess Inheritance.

Quotes Diana Liked

Aimee Carter
“Live this love now," I whispered. "And never stop.”
Aimee Carter, The Goddess Inheritance

June 8, 2012 – Shelved
June 8, 2012 – Shelved as: mythology
January 6, 2013 –
page 13
3.39% "I might need to slow down because I'm totally buzzed on these characters"
January 24, 2013 – Started Reading
January 24, 2013 –
page 76
19.79% "Book; you, me, tomorrow. anyone daring to interrupt shall get my phone thrown at them, which will then solve my problem of it ringing for me to go to work right when I get to the best part"
January 25, 2013 –
page 100
January 25, 2013 –
page 182
January 26, 2013 –
page 212
55.21% "to paraphrase Jane Austen: If I loved you less, I might be able to read you more.\n Loving this so much that I can't sit down and finish"
January 27, 2013 –