Tari's Reviews > A Deadly Chapter: A Castle Bookshop Mystery

A Deadly Chapter by Essie Lang

bookshelves: netgalley

This was another fun visit to the Alex Bay area which I think would be interesting to go visit someday. I just love Aunt Edie and Matthew, they're so darn cute together, and Matthew is just the most amazing and loyal friend anyone could have. Shelby and Zack were at a point in their relationship where she found she cared so much for him, it was a real dilemma for her when he announced he got a promotion that would put him in Boston.

There's a lot more than just a mystery going on in one of these books like dinner with good friends and Aunt Edie, as well as a lot of going over the case between Shelby and various friends. In some places, it did tend to drag a bit, and I started wondering if anyone would figure out who killed the guy Shelby found in the water by her houseboat. The side mystery which involved his search for a mystery woman also had Shelby intrigued and asking the usual too many questions.

The showdown was a little tense, but Shelby got things under control to save herself. It was a good little twist toward the end too. Then the actual ending was very sweet and made me happy to read it.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an ARC of this book provided by the publisher via NetGalley, and my opinions are my own.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Deadly Chapter.

July 16, 2020 – Shelved