Rochelle's Reviews > Adorkable

Jun 08, 2012

bookshelves: rd-2012
Read in May, 2012

Read this on June 8th.
Review 28 June (Can't remember Everything about the book, but here goes)

I've only recently been reading pure romance & YA books, before that I was on adult Paranormal/Urban Fantasy books for a looonnngg time.

So lets say that 'Adorkable' was my intro into 2012 YA Contemporary novels. THIS is a really "teenagerish book', so not everyone who reads YA would probably like this.

My feelings are mixed about this book. I thought it was overall cute, hectic, complicated and a bit over the edge AND a bit unrealistic. BUT overall a good read.

The female lead is clearly independent, she thinks she knows it all, has everything sorted out and knows what she wants out of life.
She judges everyone by their 'cover' (e.g. judge a book by it's cover), and therefore she expects people to act the way she categorizes them. AND life isn't like that.

She gets a wake up call when she falls for the popular guy @ school. Things get serious and she looses perspective of who she thinks she is and what she thinks she wants out of live. Things gets crazy and she's depressed for a while, shutting down her blog, getting rid of the popular guy, and just sulking, etc

But at the end she realizes not everything is about her. She gets her blog back & manages it better, she gets the guy back and is more supportive. BUT at THE END she sees that life isn't just black & white. It's all right to be the dork, nerd, the popular dude/girl, spport maniac, etc, because at the end of the day, no matter in which crowd we are, we're different and in that, All of us are ADORKABLE!

P.S. This kind of reminds me of the movie -> Sydney White

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Adorkable.