Laura's Reviews > Backstage Pass

Backstage Pass by Olivia Cunning

Recommended to Laura by: Smut Monday Club

3.5 Stars

Now THAT was pure, smutty fun! :D

The review is still rattling around in my head, but I have to get a few things out. Haha…

1. Brian and Myrna’s story never touched my heart, but I’m okay with that really. Nothing wrong with fun and sex! Lots & lots of sex! :) Brian was sweet and funny, but I had no feelings for Myrna. *shrugs* Well she did irritate me at the end with this--(view spoiler)

2. The only time this story touched my heart was at the end with a scene and revelation involving Trey. You know what scene. Haha…Do I really need to use a spoiler. ;) He touched my heart with true overwhelming sadness. I’m not sure if that scene held more of a powerful punch for me because Trey was my guy from the start or if it spoke to everyone, but it broke my heart. Hopefully Trey’s story will address it more because man was it ever dropped here!

3. I now have one hell of a cherry sucker addiction! :D With my ever present summer slushie obsession, I will be riding on one long sugar high all summer!

Anywho…I rambled once again!

Thanks for another fun, sexy ride, Ladies! You guys always make me smile! :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Backstage Pass.

June 8, 2012 – Shelved
June 11, 2012 – Started Reading
June 11, 2012 –
7.0% "“Did she just growl aloud?” Hell, I would have! *whistles*"
June 12, 2012 –
37.0% "Still having fun with the rock sex gods, but it is walking a fine line between sexy fun and ridiculous right now. Brian is sweet and Trey--well you guys know my feelings on that cutie! I am craving cherry suckers! :D"
June 13, 2012 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-37 of 37 (37 new)

Lenore I didn't like this book. I'm curious to see what you'll think.

Laura I start it Monday, so I will keep you posted. I love books with music running through its veins. Fingers crossed. :)

Lenore OK! Just don't read my review before you're finished. You'll get spoilered.

Laura Damn you! Now I’m curious. Hehe…I am so weak. ;) I won’t though—thanks for the heads up.

Lenore LOL! I thought I'd warn you!

Angela  ♥ Mrs. Hollywood ♥ I really liked this book, but I was disappointed with the second.

Lenore Sed's book, right? Meeeh.

Laura Carson I agree with Angela! The amount of sex got a little ridiculous in the 2nd one too. I always wondered how in the hell she could walk :). But I did like Sed more than I thought I would. I can't wait for Trey's book!

Angela  ♥ Mrs. Hollywood ♥ Yes, Sed's book! UGH, it got a little ridiculous. I was so bored with the sex, and I hated Jessica! I couldn't finish reading it. Too bad it ended up that way. I really liked Trey too.

Laura Laura wrote: "I agree with Angela! The amount of sex got a little ridiculous in the 2nd one too. I always wondered how in the hell she could walk :). But I did like Sed more than I thought I would. I can't wait ..."

Hi Ladies! Yes! Trey kinda stole my heart from the get go. Not sure even why. Just did. Still blaming the cherry suckers! ;) I hear I might like the second book because Trey is in it a lot. Not worth it though?

texxie-PRUFreads.blogspot.com for me, it is what it is, smut. lol sex, sex, and wait for it...MORE SEX. :-P

Laura Carson Oh I think it's worth it. And don't get me wrong it was hot, it just got a little unrealistic at a few points. Jessica was just alright, but I like Sed. And yes, Trey is in it a lot! I also think I just loved the first book and the second wasn't as good so I was a little dissapointed.

Laura Carson texxie wrote: "for me, it is what it is, smut. lol sex, sex, and wait for it...MORE SEX. :-P"

One of my favorite subjects ;)

Laura texxie wrote: "for me, it is what it is, smut. lol sex, sex, and wait for it...MORE SEX. :-P"

Haha…I can live with that. It will be a struggle though. ;)

@Laura--Yeah—book 2 s have a lot to live up to. I always go in with such high expectations. But if Trey is in it alot...hmmmm....haha....I am so easy! :)

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko I would say read it. Trey is in it a lot and you will discover that you like Sed. I didn't like Sed so much until I read his book. The second book had big shoes to fill and sadly it didn't do it for me like Backstage Pass but it is still worth the read imo.

Angela  ♥ Mrs. Hollywood ♥ JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) wrote: "I would say read it. Trey is in it a lot and you will discover that you like Sed. I didn't like Sed so much until I read his book. The second book had big shoes to fill and sadly it didn't do it..."

I agree. I should have finished it, but I was just upset that it wasn't as good as the first. Trey is in it a lot and I loved Trey. I eventually liked Sed too.

♥Rachel♥ Laura I felt the sad for Trey too. I hope he gets his happy ending whether it be (view spoiler)

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko So Rachel does this mean you have finished? Laura have you?

Angela I am sorry Rock Hard didn't work out for you. It was a good book but just not as good as the first. I can understand why you didn't finish. It did have a good ending though. Maybe at some point you will decide to pick it back up again.

♥Rachel♥ JoJo, I finished and enjoyed it. It was a thrill ride for sure!! Probably the smuttiest book I've read so far! Lol!

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko Once I started the book and realized just how smutty it was i was concerned maybe it was a little too much for the group. I hope it wasn't. It was really dirty though. I am glad I read it again. Loved it just as much as the first time.

Laura Hi JoJo! I thought it was perfect for the gang! Pure fun! :) I really had a lot of fun!
From the banter, ketchup art, and lollipops, haha….it all made me giggle! I will be definitely reading Trey’s story! :)

♥Rachel♥ Too smutty, JoJo? Is there such a thing?! Haha! ;)

Laura ♥Rachel♥ wrote: "Too smutty, JoJo? Is there such a thing?! Haha! ;)"

hehe....um..NO! :)

Laura Carson I think Trey's HEA might be a menage... At least that's the impression I get from what I've read about it :)

♥Rachel♥ Laura wrote: "I think Trey's HEA might be a menage... At least that's the impression I get from what I've read about it :)"

Just read the blurb, Laura, WOW! :)

Laura *Runs off* to read blurb, fantasize a bit, and find the last of my bag of tootsie pops! :D

Laura Laura wrote: "I think Trey's HEA might be a menage... At least that's the impression I get from what I've read about it :)"

Hi Laura—you read book 2. Right? Is Brian in book 2 at all?

Laura Carson He is. Not as much as Trey is but he def makes appearances :).

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko I am glad you ladies didn't think it was too smutty makes me feel better for recommending we read it.

I am with Laura you need to read the second book. You will like it because Trey is in it a lot. Brian is in it as well just not as much.

Laura Haha…damn, Ladies! I might have to read book 2 this weekend now! Haha…A lot of Trey!!! Damn! ;) Off to click & buy!

@Sam—Trey had me right from the start. Those green eyes. :D

Laura Carson Am I the only one excited for Jace's book? Of course not as much as Trey's book, but I'm still excited. (Plus, hello gorgeous kinky man)

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko I am excited for all of the books actually. I think this group of guys is wild enough to make it more interesting. I am guessing Jace's book is going to be heavy in the bdsm department.

message 33: by Laura (last edited Jun 13, 2012 01:34PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Laura Are all the guys getting their own stories? Even Eric? Haha…
I loved when all the guys were together. The energy was fun and sexy. I would love to hear more from Jace. :)

Mariya I'm excited for all the books! I have a place in my heart for each and everone thats part of the band! I love em all! :))

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko Yes they are all getting their own books even Eric. I adore Eric. When he bangs his head against things it cracks me up.

Laura Haha…Same here! He just seems like the comedian or big goof in the bunch. I wonder how his book will go. I wonder if he will still be wearing the hat? ;)

JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko Oh the lovely hat. LMAO!!!! I hope he finds a sweet girl. His story about not having any parents breaks my heart. I adore him.