LJ's Reviews > The Falcon and the Flower

bookshelves: england, female_author, middle_ages_5th_cent-1558, romance
Read in July, 1999

THE FALCON AND THE FLOWER - Poor
Henley, Virginia - 1st in Medieval Plantagenet series

Raised in a world without men, alluring Jasmine vows never to surrender to any man. Yet suddenly she finds herself caught between a king's penchant for virgins and a 13th-century warrior's oath to conquer her unyielding heart.

Frightened virgin in the first 3/4 of the story suddenly becomes a passionate lover. Awful.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Falcon and the Flower.

message 1: by Cathie (new)

Cathie I absolutely agree with you about this author. I was totally surprised that she wrote stories about real people putting her own fantasy spin to their lives. Some of her historical "fiction" borders on slander, but because the books are labeled "fictional novels" she gets away with it.

Cathie Lawler

message 2: by LJ (new) - rated it 1 star

LJ It is amazing what some authors can get away with in the name of "fiction." Really good authors at least tell you where they've taken liberty. I read her, and most of my romance books, several years ago when I was sick. She, normally, at least, could be depended upon for hot sex, but story here was so terrible the passion couldn't make up for it.