Desiree's Reviews > Sharp Objects

Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn

Jun 07, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: own-ebook-epub, reviewed, read-ebook-epub, read-on-nook-touch, read-ebook
Read from July 05 to 10, 2012

Sooooo....this was *ahem* interesting, not to mention very disturbing. It was a hell of a ride and I found myself going "Ugh", O_O, and slapping my forehead at different times---and sometimes all at the same time.

There are characters in this book that are gruesome. So. Very. Gruesome. (view spoiler) I understand that Camille was a broken person but I honestly didn't start feeling empathy for her until the very end when everything quickly unraveled. I certainly felt nothing for her mother and half-sister. And Alan? All I got is disgust.

Despite all of this though, the ending was somewhat satisfactory---I guess it really couldn't have ended any other way.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sharp Objects.

07/06/2012
07/07/2012
32.0% "This book is so strange."

message 1: by Amiee (new)

Amiee I hated this book so much that I was reluctant to read Gone Girl! I enjoyed Gone Girl so much that I was thinking about re-reading Sharp Objects...but I won't since you only gave it 2 stars reconfirming I still wouldn't like it.

Desiree I feel you. I didn't hate it but didn't particularly like it either hence the two stars. I plan to read Gone Girl soon. I just need to recover from this weird one...Lol.

message 3: by Amiee (new)

Amiee I liked Gone Girl!!

message 4: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn Maya I hated gone girl, felt let down to put in mildly by the ending

message 5: by Kenya (new) - added it

Kenya Wright I'm reading it now I'll let you know what I think.