David Bishop's Reviews > Peace Talks

Peace Talks by Jim Butcher

did not like it
bookshelves: didn-t-finish

I slogged my way through to chapter 22 - 62%, according to iBooks, but I just couldn’t bring myself to finish. Dresden spends roughly half of his time wishing he could sex up all the women in his life, spending an inordinate amount of time in particular on women that he knew as kids, and how weird is it that they used to be little girls?? But now he wants to fuck them??? “Should she even have hips yet?” is a thought that ran through his head, as a 40-something character about a girl in her teens.

I’ve been a long time big fan of the Dresden files series, though my ardor has cooled off somewhat the past few outings. I don’t know if Butcher’s writing has gotten worse or if I’m just more sensitive to it now. Either way, I guess I’ll never find out if Dresden makes it to the end of the book, badly beaten up but victorious, and only after making a momentous decision to sacrifice something or someone in such a way that you know he’s a hero but it can be misinterpreted by his enemies. Oh well.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Peace Talks.

July 15, 2020 – Started Reading