Jesse's Reviews > Wrath of a Mad God

Oct 03, 2008

bookshelves: fantasy
Recommended to Jesse by: myself
Recommended for: Fans of Epic fantasy, George R.R. Martin, Robert Jordan

This book was excellent. I've been reading Raymond E. Feist for a long time, and with the exception of his "Other Side of the Rift" trilogy (Daughter of the Empire, Servant of the Empire, and Mistress of the Empire) Co-Authored with Janny Wurtz, this is the top of his game. I'm still continuously dissappointed at how under the radar his books have been since his his 2-3 year absence from the U.S. Fantasy market. He is a top notch fantasy author with a nice classic sword & Sorcery feel with a heavy touch of historic fiction style.

This is the final book in the "Darkwar Saga" trilogy. We see everything come together (and its a lot: struggles on another dimension, the mobilization of an entire world against otherworldly invaders, frustration over your own destiny and how it differs from your loved ones',...etc), that has been building since the begining of the "Conclave of the Shadows" trilogy. Its heroic, tragic,...nothing short of epic. I can't go into too much here or I'd give it away. Suffice it to say, this is worth a read. Though you need to start at least with the "Conclave of the Shadows" triology (though treat yourself and start at the begining with "Magician: Apprentice"), you won't regret it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wrath of a Mad God.