Peter Megyeri's Reviews > Sixteenth Watch

Sixteenth Watch by Myke Cole

I've really liked the fantasy works of Myke Cole and knowing his background I looked forward to trying a science fiction one as well. Also one of my favorite genres is military sci-fi, so this looked like an ideal candidate. And it worked out. I really liked a lot about this book, but surprisingly not the military details (of which there are plenty) were the ones that really made it work for me. I rather liked the characters and the emotional journey they went through. Also, I don't want to spoil anything but I really really liked the storyline and the twists and detours it went through. A will definitely follow the other works of this author for sure.
Solid 4 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sixteenth Watch.

Quotes Peter Liked

Myke Cole
“Take as long as you need, so long as that isn’t more than three days.”

Myke Cole
“The Moon isn’t a place for you to live as a private individual without a business purpose.” “It is for rich fuckers.” “You’re not a rich fucker.”

Myke Cole
“Ho looked down at his shirt. “I am going to have to burn this, then invent a machine that burns things that have already been burned, and fucking burn it again.”

Myke Cole
“If this thing can be unfucked, we’ll unfuck it.”

Myke Cole
“Ma’am, with respect–” “Nothing after the words ‘with respect’ is ever entirely respectful, Wen.”

Myke Cole
“Jesus, lieutenant,” she radioed. “How about a little warning.” Koenig never came off his weapon sights. “That or those fuckers would have run us down, ma’am. Just assume a general fire-in-the-hole until we’re done here.”

Myke Cole
“Jesus,” Oliver straightened, stared at the sheer enormity of the firepower all around her. “This whole thing could go pear-shaped if somebody sneezes.” Pervez stood, lifting the anti-materiel gun by its carry handle. “Guess we better not sneeze.”

Myke Cole
“If you have to get shot, CO2 laser is a pretty good thing to get shot with.”

Myke Cole
“You’ll have to be my XO for now. You like that idea?” Chief arched an eyebrow. “No, ma’am.” “Welp,” Oliver said, “if you wanted options, you wouldn’t have joined the military. Let’s get this show on the road, XO!” “Aye aye, ma’am,”

July 13, 2020 – Started Reading