Lindsay's Reviews > Insatiable

Insatiable by Meg Cabot

Jun 07, 2012

I have not read very many books by Meg Cabot, but after reading this book, I get why everyone loves her so much! What a great book!

This is definitely not your typical, meet vampire, fall in love with vampire, live happily every after with vampire...etc. You gotta give Ms. Cabot props for capitalizing on this vampire crazed society, and coming up with a unique twist to this overdone story.

It was fresh and different, and it was so good I could hardly put it down! It is so rare these days that you can read a good vampire book and not know what the outcome is going to be. Sometimes lately, I have felt like I was reading the same book over and over. Thank goodness I didn't pass this one by and gave it a shot. I really enjoyed it.

Meena was awesome. What a great character. I liked how strong of a woman she is and how she sticks to what she believes in all the way to the very end. She is a very real character. She has strong emotions, and she really does hate vampires, but Cabot does allow her some weakness when it comes to Lucien, the incredible handsome and seductive vampire. Her paranormal power of precognition was pretty awesome too. I like it when the chicks are not just swooning, they need powers too!

We have Lucien, son of Dracula, and then we meet Alaric, crazy ass vampire hunter. I enjoyed both of these guys. I really like it when an author lets us read from the point of view of all the main characters. To me, it makes the characters so much more real and I relate to them better.

Alaric is hilarious. He was definitely my favorite out of all the characters. He calls his vampire killing sword Mr. Sticky and he is always ready to use it. Sounds like my kinda guy!

Lucien, of course, is a devilishly handsome and delicious vampire, that no one can resist. I found myself torn between Lucien and Alaric. I can't wait to read more about this triangle of love!

Overall, this book is one I highly recommend. It has action and adventure, love, and even a little comedy. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Insatiable.