Rachel Dyken's Reviews > Lady Alexandra's Excellent Adventure

Lady Alexandra's Excellent Adventure by Sophie Barnes

bookshelves: rachels-romance-reads

Oh, Miss Barnes, where do I even start? I wasn't sure what to expect when I started this book. I assumed it would be the typical regency romance where girl seeking adventure falls for dangerous rake and they live happily ever after, BUT WAIT! Someone is trying to kill them...But never fear, he can shoot and wield a sword better than an entire army. He rescues his beauty, she saves his heart from the coldness of meaningless sex and, boom. We have our story.

I was sooooooo wrong! First off, Alex, is a beautifully written character. She is so certain of herself. Not anything like your typical female heroine! She also takes a while before she gives in to our hero Ashford and then when it finally does take place, well she kind of goes about it like a man would, which is awesome ;)

Ashford is hilarious! He's a well written character that doesn't apologize for his past or his reputation which is quite a new theory for a regency rake. I loved him and loved the way that he truly tried to take Alex under his wing. I think my favorite part was when he exclaimed on several occasions that he was interested in women ;)

The secondary characters of Ryan and William had witty banter that kept me breezing through my kindle until 3 in the morning! (Curse you Sophie Barnes!) I can tell that she's really put a lot of work into her dialogue with her writing.

Miss Barnes, your hard work has paid off. This book, SHINES, and absolutely should be on everyone must read list. I have to admit to being so incredibly proud of your talent. Good work an well done!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lady Alexandra's Excellent Adventure.

Started Reading