Cadiva's Reviews > School and Rock

School and Rock by R.J. Scott

bookshelves: favorites

This book was nothing like I was expecting at all and my reading experience was made even better by it.

When I knew this was going to be Colorado's story, I was excited to see where RJ and Vicki would take him, especially with the unexpected baby on the doorstep plotline.

I'd been expecting some utterly feckless, uncaring self-proclaimed 'manwhore' and instead I got someone so radically opposite that.

Someone whose heart was as big as the sky which Joseph was so fascinated by. Someone whose capacity to love was as massive as his talent on both ice and musical instruments.

Someone who I fell in love with from the off, rather like Joseph did when he realised just how much Colorado was committed to his daughter Maddie.

There's a beautiful feeling of calmness throughout this book, even with the chaotic nature of both the ice hockey, the metal band, and the unexpected baby.

Colorado is a truly fascinating character, he's a mix of free spirited adventurer and a man truly committed to fighting for his new found family.

He falls for Joe's intelligence, his dedication to his sister and niece, his shyness and his awakening passion.

This, surprisingly given who it's centred on, is pretty low steam. While Colorado and Joe have passionate kisses and clear chemistry which sparks between them, the pace towards a physical intimacy is slow.

And it works completely for both the characters and the narrative. Joe is more than just a sexual encounter for Colorado and Joe's lack of experience makes him question all his feelings.

With hilarious additions from Colorado's aging hippy grandmother, to family dramas with Joe's sister, the plot weaves its magic throughout.

The ice hockey is on point as always, and there's the usual appearances from the rest of the Raptors to bring more fun.

I'm not sure where else this series is going but it's been a pleasure.

#ARC kindly received from the authors in return for an honest and unbiased review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read School and Rock.

July 12, 2020 – Shelved
July 12, 2020 – Shelved as: to-read
October 12, 2020 – Started Reading
October 14, 2020 – Shelved as: favorites
October 14, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)

Leelah🍁♋️ Orion Can this be read as a stand-alone?

Cadiva Leelah🍁♋️ wrote: "Can this be read as a stand-alone?"

Yes it probably could, there's references to the other books but nothing essential to this story.
You'd be missing out on four other really great sports romances though 😁