Avid Series Reader's Reviews > I Remember You

I Remember You by Martin Edwards

3120709
I Remember You by Martin Edwards is the 3rd book of the Harry Devlin mystery series set in contemporary Liverpool. Harry is a Liverpool native, a solicitor with "dodgy" clients. When client Finbar's home is destroyed by fire, Harry suspects it is no accident. Harry is certain of foul play, specifically revenge, once he learns of Eileen McCray's death. Eileen is just one of many women seduced by Finbar, but her death still disturbs Finbar.

Finbar encourages Harry to be a guest on a radio program where Finbar was recently a guest. At the radio station, Harry meets a host of people with tangled relationships and grievances. When Harry's business partner Jim Crusoe goes into the hospital, Harry's attention focuses on taking over one of Jim's cases. Rosemary's looks remind him of his murdered wife. Rosemary and husband Stuart, partners in Merseyside credit company, want to quickly sell their home and move to Spain. Harry is surprised when Rosemary accepts an offer much lower than market value, but Rosemary insists a quick sale is imperative. Harry is further surprised when he attends a marketing presentation and learns that the staff at Merseyside apparently don't know the owners plan to leave.

Meanwhile Harry goes drinking with Finbar, and lets Finbar stay with him briefly. A bomb convinces Harry that Finbar is a target, and he is pretty sure of the culprit. Subsequent deaths add more layers of complexity to the plot, as well as more suspects. Harry persists in questioning until he unravels all the secrets and grudges from past crimes (which finally reveals the significance of the title).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Remember You.

Started Reading