Mark's Reviews > Déjà Dead

Déjà Dead by Kathy Reichs

M 50x66
Jun 07, 2012

liked it

After hearing a lot of hype about Kathy Reichs I decided to give her books a go. Luckily her first 10 books were going cheap from The Book People in paperback form so I bought them and settled in to see what all the fuss was about. For this first book I have to say for me it didn't quite live up to the hype, but it was a solid start and while it felt sort of jerky and rough in a way I felt it was a good effort to say the least. Essentially what I'm trying to say is, don't give up on her books if you think this one isn't 'that good' - she hit her stride from book 2 onward and the rest have been even better to say the least. The subsequent books flow well, and while she does occasionally use an obvious kind of foreshadowing around the end of early chapters that I really HATE in stories (e.g. 'little did she know blah blah' ick!), it's a habit that she really cut back on for the later books and they're all the better for it in my opinion. So - a good start and worth reading, but the others in the series are even better. Gripping stuff :-)
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Déjà Dead.