Sfdreams's Reviews > The First Year--Multiple Sclerosis: An Essential Guide for the Newly Diagnosed

The First Year--Multiple Sclerosis by Margaret Blackstone

Oct 02, 2008

bookshelves: reviewed
Recommended for: all newly diagnosed MS patients

I got this book from the library when I was still reeling from my diagnosis. I found this very informative and helpful. In fact, I intend to buy this book so that I can fully utilize the information within.

This book takes you through the first year after diagnosis. The first 7 chapters cover the first seven days of diagnosis...the first day is appropriately titled Reeling...with a brief synopsis in a sentence of what was covered at the end of each chapter. Then each week is covered in a single chapter until the end of the first month; and then each month is covered in a single chapter until the end of the first year: each with an ending synopsis, and with periodic milestones along the way.

In the process of reading the book (I read it faster than it should have been read, due to the time constraints of a library book) one learns more about the disease and how to cope, along with information about the drugs used to treat and the strategies for living a "normal" as possible life.

This is one of two books that I have found extremely helpful and I highly recommend it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The First Year--Multiple Sclerosis.

Started Reading