Anastasia's Reviews > Nightmare Asylum & Other Deadly Delights

Nightmare Asylum & Other Deadly Delights by Sonia Kilvington

This is one cool book! I was given a copy by Blackthorn Book Tours in exchange for an honest review - neat!

It is a book of short stories by a woman who seems to know even more about the dark side than I do. Scary stuff and some great female leads with a badass approach to sorting out life's problems. (I took notes.... Her women seemed to get away with it mostly, but she's from Europe and I've heard they do things differently there. I'll be careful.)

Best story? "I wish you a happy death day" - got completely into this one and at the end it made me laugh - way to go girl! Worst? The first one actually, 'cos I thought the main character in it was a bit of a wimp - some nurse chick seeing ghosts in an old asylum and she's all a bit waa waa about it. It was good enough for me to read on past it though, which is lucky because the rest of the stories were terrific.

Do you like trigger warnings? (I don't. I think they're for snowflakes). But here you are: if you're a snowflake you might not like this book. Well, you could try it anyway. Broadens the mind getting a bit upset about stuff.

I liked this author's writing style - punchy but enough detail that you really get carried along. Some of the stories were a bit short - hoped the characters might turn up again later in the book but they didn't. Never mind, she can write another book: I'll be waiting.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nightmare Asylum & Other Deadly Delights.

Finished Reading