Jud's Reviews > To the Grave

To the Grave by Steve  Robinson

Jun 06, 2012

To the Grave follows the life of a young girl known as Mena and the journey of Jefferson Tayte as he tries to discover what happened to her, where she went and why. It is set alternately between the present day and the 1940's during World War 2. Mena's mother is a strict Catholic and is less than impressed when Mena falls for an American G.I. soldier based just outside the village where she lives,but this is nothing compared to Mena's secret.

I loved this book, I just wish I didn't have to read it in fits and starts due to having family visiting and only being able to read during breaks at work but in spite of this I still got completely absorbed into the story. The only bad point I can make about the book is I want to know more. I want to know everything about Mena and the other characters. Steve Robinson has a wonderful style and he really knows how to write so the story reaches and not only touches a readers heart but leaves a lasting impression.

It was simply fantastic and I will definitely be reading it again. If ever you need to fall in love with reading again this book will do it.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To the Grave.

June 6, 2012 – Started Reading