Nicholas Sparks's Reviews > Wonder

Wonder by R.J. Palacio

bookshelves: nicholas-recommends

A wonderful read for all ages.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wonder.

Finished Reading
June 6, 2012 – Shelved
June 21, 2012 – Shelved as: nicholas-recommends

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Planning on purchasing this. :)

Erin Just added this to my "to-read" list! :)

message 3: by Gonca (new)

Gonca Yalcin Its know added to my "to-read" list too! (:

Genieve currently reading this one.. and so far so good :)

message 5: by Lyndsey (new) - added it

Lyndsey Smith Added to my 'to read' list,always keen for new material!Thank you :)

Julia Hi! can you please help answering some of these questions? You seem to know a lot about this book.
1. What does the astrounat helmet signify to Auggie's dad?
2. What events do you think had the biggest effects on Auggie?
3. Why does the cover use the tagline "dont judge a boy by his face"?
4.Why does Via (Olivia) say that she is a celestial body that orbits Auggie the sun?
Below are some of the precepts that Auggie and his classmates sent back at the end of the year. For each, Explain who the character is, why he or she chose that precept, and how it relates to his or her life.
1. " Everyone deserves a standing ovation because we all overcometh the world" ~Auggie Pullman
2. " Its not enough to be friendly you have to be a friend". ~Charlotte Cody
3. " Sometimes its good to start over" ~ Julian Alban
4. "Your deeds are your monuments" ~ Mr. Browne
Thank you very very much for trying to answer these questions anyone thank you very much i really appreciate it!

Penny Murnane Hi Julia,
Great questions about this book! I believe your question about Via could be answered with she is merely a small object like a moon orbiting the sun in her family compared to how much attention August got because of his surgeries and how he looked to people when they went out in public. I believe the tagline "don't judge a boy by his face" signifies that Auggie is not disabled in his mind; and people should look beyond his face. I think the precepts describe each of the characters' personalities.

willie gagum Good because that's Awesome for you too say because that was not cool

Sumayya Currently reading it and it's crushing me little by little (in a good way)

message 10: by Brianna Viebrock (new)

Brianna Viebrock very true i will love this book forever!!!

Maddie/Art3mis Dear Julia if you are still looking for those answers I know them all…friend me please

Cool Kids From Iowa That review is short, simple, and to the point. I totally agree.

Haneen Shaimah I love you Nicholas Sparks! i also love this book :)

message 14: by Aria (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aria this is my uppermost favorite book ever because it shows other peoples perspective beyond august and I think that awesome when I realized that when every time I read it I feel different and understand more than I did before and many times I see the quiet transformation August is going through. and that people shouldn't judge people by what they look like because that has never determined WHO a person really is and that "everyone deserves a standing ovation at least once in their life."

Hanna This book is really inspirational. It makes me want to put a stop to bullying because you could see august's perspective of getting bullied. It's also a good book to learn from. It shows you how people feel when you hurt them or bully them. This book tells a good story about a boy who is born with a face deformation and it shows that sometimes, you judge people that cannot help themselves and that's why this book is a good example for it.

Michael Fernandes I have to read this for summer reading and I'm super excited

fantatic reading!!! im reading this in my school(im only 10)and its awesome and funny

message 18: by tui (new)

tui hi

Marc2007Cotoman A good book for all childrens(me)haha

Mariah Roze Our Diversity in All Forms Book Club is reading this for July. We’d love to have you join the discussion on it. :)

message 22: by Wombatopia (new)

Wombatopia I love this book.

message 23: by Shayna (new) - added it

Shayna I loved the movie so hopefully the book is better!!😏

Stella this book was very good the characters developed so very well and yes read this book it’s a game changer and will help everyone to be a little bit more kind. it’s an inspiring book that tells so many sides of a story u can’t even deny it’s well written so read this book !

message 25: by Lyla (new)

Lyla Yeah, i love it!

Namrata Telugu Great book!