Yoojung Seo's Reviews > The Strange Case of Origami Yoda

U 50x66
Jun 06, 2012

liked it
Read in May, 2012

The Strange Case of Origami Yoda was a very entertaining book. Starting from the cover, the book was very appealing for kids from ages 7-12. The difference in font made the words very fun and playful, but the general Lucida Sans Typewrite gave the book a general structure that it needed. With the little doodles around the writing, I felt a big of chaos but it felt very controlled. The background being crumpled gave the illusion that this book was in fact written by a sloppy 12 year old. The one thing I did not like about this book was that the book had no flow in story whatsoever. I understand that each chapter was a different case from a different person, but it just felt very scattered. Also, in the scene where Origami Yoda is crumpled and thrown away, I did not understand how he came back to life. Was it to be assumed that the “powers” transferred, or was it a hint that Dwight had been making it up the whole time? Overall the book was very amusing and was an easy read, but it was nothing beyond that and would not be a book to be read again and again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Strange Case of Origami Yoda.