Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn)'s Reviews > Taming Riki Vol 1, Part 1

Taming Riki Vol 1, Part 1 by Kira Takenouchi

Jun 05, 2012

bookshelves: in-library, alpha-dominant-male, alternate-universe, bikers-or-motorcycle-gang, bishonen_pretty-boy, captive-captivity-confinement, collaring_on-leash, consensual, dominance-submission, daddy-kink, dubcon_noncon, dystopian_post-apocalyptic, emotional, emotional-distress, humiliation-or-degradation, hurt-comfort, reversible-couple, captured-kidnapped, cover-love, mafia-yakuza-crime-boss, maledom, master-pet, gay_mm, oral-sex, pain-pleasure, public-sex, rape, romance, rimming-tongue-sex, rough-sex, scifi_or_futuristic, sex-fest-or-smut-galore, sexual-torture, slave-pet-market, spanking, stockholm-syndrome, supersized-cock-or-abnormal-cock, warm-n-fuzzy_sweet-love, sex-toys, unforgettable_stuck-in-my-head, bondage_use-of-restrains, voyeurism, violence, yaoi-boyslove-shonenai, restricted-freedom, rebelious-protagonist, macho_max-testosterone-alpha, overprotective-dom-master-partner, slave-sub-pet-training, profound-physical-size-difference, pet-like-character, suicidal-suicide, reluctant-forced, unwilling-slave-pet-sub-partner, young-man_youth, injury_bodily-harm, loving-adoring-partner, good-plot, rescue-damsel-in-distress, favorite-author, adored-loved-sexual-partner, pleasure-slaves_sexual-slave-pet, engrossing, brave-tough-protagonist, slow-burn-romance, beyond-earth, my-treasure-chest, my-deviant-pleasures, corporal-punishments_whip-flog-cane
Recommended to Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn) by: my very own guilty pleasure.
Recommended for: those who love spirited rebellious pets.

ADULT REVIEW OF EROTICA BOOKS. NOT FOR MINORS.

My Guilty Pleasure treasure <3

A story for those who adore spunk and spirit in a human pet. Said pet was not called a mongrel for nothing ;) His master likes the challenge of taming a wild untrained pet. Says it was a refreshing change from all those boring factory manufactured pampered pets for the rich and famous.

It was absolutely delightful and fun to read about a super stubborn, unwilling, cursing pet who fights his master every step of the way. So much spirit tat one. Gotta love it! And all those delicious spankings plus the uhm.. pain & pleasure cock ring to control said recalcitrant pet. Chains and manacles are included too.

Here, let me show you the Taming Riki world and why I love this story so much:-
[NOTE: Please note that some of these images are not found in the book itself as some of it used to be part of Kira Takenouchi's website. And some are from Book 2 and 3]

By the way, this is a novel NOT a graphic novel. I am stating this here because I don't wish to confuse anyone due to all the pictures I am lining up here. lol

More over here (some not so safe for work - NSFW):(view spoiler)

P/S: I know this does not really qualify as a review, just consider it as an introduction ;)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Taming Riki Vol 1, Part 1.

Finished Reading
May 12, 2013 – Shelved as: beyond-earth
June 6, 2013 – Shelved as: my-treasure-chest
June 8, 2013 – Shelved as: my-deviant-pleasures
December 24, 2013 – Shelved as: corporal-punishments_whip-flog-cane

Loederkoningin Maybe not a review, but it sure is one hell of a teaser!;) Good job!

message 2: by Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn) (last edited May 10, 2013 08:50AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn) Thank you Loco. I wish I could write a proper review on it but I would need to re-read it and put in extra effort to give it all the credits it deserves.

As for the pretty artwork, Kira did a great job commissioning all the right people/artist to help her create the world of Taming Riki. It truly helped making this awesome intriguing world comes to life.

message 3: by Yblees (last edited May 14, 2013 02:21AM) (new)

Yblees Okay, I'm around chapter 10, where Iason has got that new toy G-strap, erotic whip thing.

When I read AnK, Riki came across as very confused and a closet submissive. And Iason came across as simply unfathomable - couldn't figure out what he was thinking at all.
At least with Taming Riki, their relationship dynamic is a little clearer, particularly for Iason.
I have to say, I still don't like how Riki keeps provoking Iason to "submit" him. If I were Iason, I would think Riki did that because he liked it - real confused masochist, that boy.
And Iason is such a spoiled brat. Hard to respect a dom who can be jerked around emotionally like that, and not just by Riki either.

message 4: by Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn) (last edited May 14, 2013 04:06AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn) I guess Riki does has quite high level of masochistic tendency aside from him being stubborn and feeling very resentful of his forced slavery.

He enjoys his spankings much :P

I don't see Iason as a dom at all when I read tat book. Never tried to put any labels on him when I was reading it way back then before I was exposed to what a dom really is.

Iason is just a tyrant but has a soft side when it comes to Riki. A super possessive master.

I know it's weird, but I have yet to read Ai No Kusabi's series. I've just watched its Anime and love it. Sigh.. I must remember to one day read the novels as well. But I have been putting it off cos I've heard peeps says it's quite dry? Maybe they are comparing it with Taming Riki. TR might have spoiled it for ANK novels.

message 5: by Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn) (last edited May 14, 2013 04:12AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn) Oh and by the way, how did you manage to download that copy of yours? Since now it's off the shelf and have to go thru bit of trouble before acquiring it. It's now up up at FB for free for those who are interested.

Taming Riki and many others of Kira Takenouchi's work used to be on a website where you need a monthly subscription to view/read the stories within. And later, Kira published it in paperback and ebook format for sale on her website too. Now she has closed down her website and made the books available for free to those who asked for it.

I hope that copy you get is a completed version. I know some website still have bits and pieces of Taming Riki hosted but it's not complete chapters.

Did you manage to get book 2 too then?

message 6: by Yblees (last edited May 15, 2013 03:07AM) (new)

Yblees Volume 1 was on the website as a pdf. Here:

It was a reading trap for me, because I wouldn't have bothered to download it chapter by chapter, much less subscribe.

Oh, and I've got to the part where Riki admits to himself that he likes to be punished *facepalm*

EDIT: With the AnK series. Now you mention, I liked the anime more too. Especially the new version with Aarinfantasy(?) subs.
I sometimes wonder if the problem with the novels being a bit dry was the translation. Digital Manga's translations often have erratic quality.

Either way, the new anime series stays very close to the novel storyline, so you're not missing anything if you just watch that.

Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn) I totally agree with you on Digital Manga's translations. lol.

Hmm... seems like the one you've downloaded isn't the pretty version that I have.

So, how do you like it so far? I like Riki being in denial over his masochist tendency. Denial over his attraction. Such a delicious rebel he is. *crackles*

Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn) I have to get around to watching that new anime release. I have watched the old version tho. I like that one to bits. I think I am going to love the new one as much. But the new ones aren't completed. It was kinda dropped after 4 OVA. It' was supposed to be a 13 episodes or so. *sob*

message 9: by Dariteone86 (new) - added it

Dariteone86 Do you know where I can get this book to read??

♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme Where do you get a copy?

Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn) Dariteone86 wrote: "Do you know where I can get this book to read??"

Hi, sorry for the late reply. I think I missed this comment of yours due to GR's bug.

Will PM you on it.

Kynthos-the-Archer (Kyn) ♆ BookAddict wrote: "Where do you get a copy?"

BA, I've PMed you too.

♆ BookAddict  ✒ La Crimson Femme Kynthos-the-Archer wrote: "♆ BookAddict wrote: "Where do you get a copy?"

BA, I've PMed you too."

Got it. Thanks!

message 15: by Kira (new) - added it

Kira Takenouchi Thank you for the nice review.