Nilufer Ozmekik's Reviews > Spoiler Alert

Spoiler Alert by Olivia Dade

Such an amazing book which can perfectly address your geeky cells with cosplay, fan fiction premise, raise awareness about sensitive and crucial issues including fat-shaming, dyslexia, self-respect and acceptance, emotional parental abusing and finally melt your hearts with adorable protagonists and their pant melting, heart warming love story.

I was so sure after reading the blurb and seeing the incredible cover, I would truly love this book. Thankfully i wasn’t wrong this time!

Marcus Caster Rupp is a charming celebrity , a famous TV star stole too many fans’ hearts with his Aeneas character but everybody including his parents think he is just a pretty face: he is not smart, intelligent, he seems like just dim witted good looking guy.

They couldn’t be so wrong. He has a secret fan fiction persona helps him to come clean his frustrations about tv character. And April Whittier also keeps her secret cosplay hobby and her secret fan fiction persona as unapologetic Lavinia Stan, too. When people think Marcus is only a pretty face with no brain, they also see April with judgmental and biased eyes, criticize her with body-shaming and condescending insults.

But both of them are more than the narrow minded people can see. As they start to date, nobody believed they could last. Because a charming, gorgeous tv star cannot like an overweighted, ordinary geek girl. They are not compatible! Right?

Well, as a powerful answer to those vicious, pretentious and ignorant internet trolls: April and Marcus were so sweet together from the beginning. They had amazing chemistry. Their witty banters made me smile so many times. I adored them as a couple and the best thing about their relationship, they were so good for each other. They both learn to fight against their insecurities and their self acceptance improved. They encourage each other to be happier and better persons even though they keep their cosplay personas as a secret.

So this is not only a lovely romance story, but also a great, motivational, thought provoking feel-good book encourages us to learn to love our selves and discover our inner powers against the people who try to destroy our insecurities with judgmental opinions.

I enjoyed every second of it and I’m giving bright, full, shiny, self confidant 5 stars!

Special thanks to NetGalley and Harper Collins Publishers/ Avon for sharing this lovely ARC with me in exchange my honest opinions.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spoiler Alert.

July 3, 2020 – Started Reading
July 3, 2020 – Shelved
July 5, 2020 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)

Arini ~ Miss Casually Reading omg ive heard of this, but im interested to read the author's other book, love 40 or something. the one with age gap romance where the heroine is older and also plus sized. anyway, stellar review!! <3

Nilufer Ozmekik I should add that one on my tbr. I loved writing style. Thank you so much Arini💕💕

message 3: by Ceecee (new)

Ceecee So pleased to see the five stars 🌟 Great review as ever 💞🌈☕️🥂💞🌈😘

Nilufer Ozmekik I’m so happy to read something so sweet and motivational! Thank you so much my lovely friend 🥰😘🥂☕️🎉💕🎈🥳💞

preoccupiedbybooks Yay! 🙌

Nilufer Ozmekik 💕🙌🏻

message 7: by Aisling Zena (new)

Aisling Zena Fab review Nilufer! :)

Nilufer Ozmekik As always thank you Aisling💕💞

message 9: by Heather (new)

Heather Love Perfect 👌