Tanecia 's Reviews > Joe

Joe by H.D. Gordon

Jun 04, 2012

bookshelves: review-for-authors-requesting
Read from June 29 to July 05, 2012

Must. Have. This. Book. Period.

Joe was a really great read! I had difficulty choosing my rating between a 4.5-5 stars because I'm not really into the dark thriller type stories... but I had to sit back and think of a few things..

1.Did I like the story? Yes.

2.Did you like the main character? Yes.

3.Did the story flow? Yes, for 8 different point of views.

4. Did the balance between real and fantasy work? Yes.

5. Were all the characters believable? Yes, especially the Psycho lol.

6. Did the story come together as a whole? Yes, somewhat

7. Did the writing flow? Yes!

After all of the questions and deliberation I decided to go with 5 stars obviously!

H.D. was able to let us regular people (no offense) into the mind of a Psycho/Deranged college student and let us tinker in his crazy mind for a few chapters and that was all it took for me to believe this guy was crazy and a good villain to complete this thriller. This book absolutely played out in my mind like a movie and I can feel the fear building inside me when we were with "The Decider" for a few pages. I was glad we didn't have to stay in his mind for long because this guy is creepy!

Joe, the main character/protagonist is the bright side of this whole entire scenario. You would think that the touch of paranormal would be off in this story but it actually brought the story a light sense of hope. Joe is just plain weird. Weird in a good way and her weirdness makes you want to get inside her head because you know she different and theirs something about her that you want to know because you can feel she's good. The fact that Joe can see the future actually kicked the whole story into motion and I could not wait to find out about her child life and past with her gift or so she calls it her "Curse".

The only trouble I had with the story was with some of the POV's like Merrion...her story was not easy to read. I dont know if it was because she was an older woman and she just didn't have much going on.
I also wish we had more Joe! I absolutely loved her story and I wish we could of had more of her than the others.

Overall, this was an exceptional book! Although thriller is not my thing this book was great for what it was and I think the author did an amazing job of tying all the stories together!

Great story.Buy it.Read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Joe.

06/30/2012
07/04/2012
60.0% "You shallow beeotch! I cannot believe what she just said."
07/04/2012
60.0% "You shallow beeotch! I cannot believe what she just said."
70.0% 3 comments
show 14 hidden updates…

message 1: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle I've never heard of that book before. Is it a horror story? Or part of a series?

Nicole Psychological thriller with Paranormal elements. And it's going to be THE read of 2012. AH-MAZE-ING

Tanecia Michelle L. wrote: "I've never heard of that book before. Is it a horror story? Or part of a series?"

Yes! It's so good Michelle!

message 4: by Michelle (new) - added it

Michelle Tt wrote: "Michelle L. wrote: "I've never heard of that book before. Is it a horror story? Or part of a series?"

Yes! It's so good Michelle!"

Okay...that's one more for the trusty TBR pile!

message 5: by Faith (new)

Faith McKay I've seen a lot of awesome reviews for this book lately!

message 6: by Veronica (new) - added it

Veronica Morfi I need to get this!!! :)

Tanecia Veronica wrote: "I need to get this!!! :)"

Yes! Get this asap! You are truly missing out on this authors awesome-sauce!!! lol

Yani Tt (Never Ending Stories Book Blog) wrote: "Did anyone who has read the book notice that Joe was really "The Decider" at the end? :D"

She is, indeed! <3