Grace's Reviews > Twisted

Twisted by Laurie Halse Anderson

Jun 03, 2012

The book circle group for Twisted by Laurie Halse Anderson made the book sound interesting. The members gave the best part of the book as examples (This made it sound like a great book! It also made the book more boring when I was reading it since I constantly was waiting for the exciting parts). In this book a regular teenage boy, Tyler, goes through all the troubles in life you could imagine. He had an abusive father, high expectations from others, suicidal thoughts, love trouble and much more. I like the last phrase of the book, “I chose wisely." Throughout the book Tyler made bad decisions one after another, the quote revealed that he has everything settled and will no longer make greater mistakes. It also showed how Tyler’s life slowly changed from horrible (stuck, can’t get out of trouble) to okay (have a choice). Lastly, this quote made me proud of Tyler. The story was told in Tyler's perspective. It clearly showed the struggle between what he wanted to do and his mature side. This made the story more real and interesting. I think the author did a great job of writing the book. It probably was the best way of writing the book to allow the readers to understand what Tyler was going through. I recommend this book to middle and high school teenagers. There are many teens who think their life sucks. This book changed my thoughts of life and made me grateful for what I have.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Twisted.