Ruthsic's Reviews > My Senpai is Annoying Vol. 1

My Senpai is Annoying Vol. 1 by Shiro Manta

7220682
A rom-com between a tsundere-ish office worker and her bear-like senior, My Senpai is Annoying hits a lot of romance tropes and is a good quick read. Igarashi has been working for a few years under Takeda, and she is sort of annoyed of being treated like a kid by him; it doesn't help that she is short and sort of has a slim frame, which means on first glance people assume she is a middle school (not even high school, poor thing). They hang out together regularly, etc., and he always takes care of her, so she likes him but also can't admit it to herself. Their co-workers are onto her feelings and tease her about it, but the main guy himself is an unknown. Well, considering this is a romance manga, maybe not that unknown. Anyway, it feels formulaic for the most part, and the artwork is good when it comes to the linework, but I don't get the coloring in this manga. I know it started as a web comic, but there is no consistent palette or anything - some pages are full-colored in orange overtones, some have vibrant green tones, some are barebones with accent coloring and I think a couple were just linework in a regular manga style; it is just all over the place. I do like the characters, though, especially her co-workers, so I might still pick up sequels of this series.

Received an advance reader copy in exchange for a fair review from Seven Seas, via Edelweiss.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Senpai is Annoying Vol. 1.

June 30, 2020 – Shelved