Susan Visser's Reviews > The Biology of Belief: Unleashing the Power of Consciousness, Matter and Miracles

The Biology of Belief by Bruce H. Lipton

Jun 03, 2012

bookshelves: audible
Read from June 03, 2012 to June 06, 2013

I finished the full book this week, so am updating my review. Same 4 stars, but the book is quite different than the audible version I had.

I'm not sure I like Bruce's writing style that much. It works, but is verbose and conversational. A few too many personal stories? Not sure... but could have been better.

The concepts... I buy into all of it, but am shaky on the spiritual part... especially the claim that we are immortal. The arguments for that were really weak... but strong for all the other concepts.

I can see that there is much more to learn about how we all fit together and there are cool things to think about that were raised in the book.

Interesting that I'm now listening to the book "The Power of Habits" that seems like a natural follow-on to this book. Both mention how the subconscious mind works and how it can mess us up, but the habits book gives clear guidance as to how habits can be changed!

****

I ended up buying an abridged version of the book which was essentially the author giving a lecture on the subject. I like the concept and found it very understandable. I'm re-listening to the recording now because I enjoyed it so much.

The concept of the book is that humans are not machines to be taken apart, studied, and figured out. We are very complex and a product of energies and perceptions. I'm not sure we are completely able to self-heal via thought, but I do think that there is something to positive thought, living in harmony with the world, and the health benefits of being as close to stress-free as possible. OK, not stress free... good stresses are good ... just get rid of the bad ones. Easy, right?

I think I will tackle the full unabridged book at sometime.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Biology of Belief.