Joanne's Reviews > Effortless

Effortless by S.C. Stephens

Jun 03, 2012

bookshelves: e-books, fssg, favorites, book-boyfriends, new-adult

"I'm not doing anything wrong, baby. I love you. I'm being faithful to you." He held up his ring, his thumb stroking the metal. "I promised... I promise."

Just like Thoughtless, Effortless is an amazing read. It's the continuation of Keira and Kellan's (*swoons*) story as they progress further into their relationship. The focus of this book is trust. Both do not have it because their relationship was founded on a betrayal. Keira is not as unlikeable as in book one. She is very insecure and lacks self-esteem which many of us would feel if we were dating the gorgeous rock god Kellan Kyle. However, there were moments when I felt like screaming "Get it into your thick skull that Kellan loves you, Keira. You are the only girl he has ever found love with and opened up to. Trust him. Why would he destroy what he has been searching for all his life? He entrusted his Chevelle with you for god's sake!" Phew! Rant over. Eventually she becomes less irritating and even likeable as she takes control of Kellan's family issues.

There are lots more lovely sex scenes (bathroom scene, anyone!), lots more heartaches and agonies, and lots more romance. One flaw though. I wanted S. C. Stephens to describe what Kellan did with those handcuffs!

Overall, Effortless is an engaging must-read. You will experience the highs and the lows of Kiera and Kellan's ever-challenging relationship, and what a rewarding experience it is. BRING ON BOOK 3...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Effortless.

Quotes Joanne Liked

S.C. Stephens
“But, if for some reason we're not closer, if something has gotten between us, please, I'm begging you…don't give up on me. Stay. Stay with me. Work it out with me. Just don't leave me…please.”

S.C. Stephens
“Nothing in the world was as beautiful to me as that tattoo, except the man bearing it.”

S.C. Stephens
“I wanted...to own you. I wanted a part of me in you." He cringed. "I wanted to mark you, make you mine.”

S.C. Stephens
“..."you finally get it."...
... "get what?"...
"That I'm yours... that you can take me... anywhere, anytime, anyway. That you own every peice of me.”

S.C. Stephens
“Don't leave me," I begged, when I found air to speak. Kellan wrapped his arms around me just as tight. Voice cracking he murmured, "I won't...I'm yours, Kiera, for as long as you want me." Pulling back I cupped his face. "Forever, I want you forever.”

June 3, 2012 – Shelved
June 29, 2012 –
July 1, 2012 –
July 2, 2012 –
July 6, 2012 –
31.0% "Oh Keira! How could you turn Kellan down in Pete's back room? Kellan's a saint for putting up with her."
July 6, 2012 –
35.0% ""That I'm yours... that you can take me...anywhere, anytime, anyway. That you own every piece of me" - Kellan\n LOVED the bathroom scene :)"
July 8, 2012 –
49.0% "What a weekend I've had! The love notes, the hot phone sex and the love nest!!! And I haven't even mentioned the book yet :)"
July 9, 2012 –
July 10, 2012 –
62.0% "For the love of God, Keira! Trust Kellan! He gave you his Chevelle to look after while he's on tour! D-Bags forever :)"
July 11, 2012 –
65.0% "The D-Bags are being signed (yay!) and Keira is becoming a paranoid stalker (boo!)"
July 11, 2012 – Shelved as: fssg
July 11, 2012 – Shelved as: favorites
July 12, 2012 –
72.0% ""I could finish what I started earlier..." How could Keira refuse? Stupid ass. I'm only too willing, Kellan! I have always wanted to be Miss Pamela ;)"
July 14, 2012 –
79.0% "Not enough Kellan in these last two chapters :("
July 15, 2012 – Finished Reading
April 22, 2013 – Shelved as: book-boyfriends
July 19, 2013 – Shelved as: new-adult

Keren Love the bathroom sex scene. So hot!