Jenny's Reviews > Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus

F 50x66
Jul 23, 2007

Recommended for: Those working with 2-5s
Read in January, 2005

A short but snappy story from popular cartoonist Mo Willems. 'Don't Let The Pigeon Drive The Bus' is guaranteed to leave you with a big smile on your face! I am not ashamed to say that this story brought out the dramatist in me as I read it out loud to a mother and toddler group!

The best part had to be the glorious double page spread of illustrations showing all of the pigeon's techniques to convince you to let him drive the bus... "Your MUM said that I could...", "I'll give you five pounds!" (dramatic gestures and voices compulsory).

I won't give away whether the pigeon actually got his own way-you'll have to read the story to find that out! However I will say that I found this book to be a pleasant surprise; simple, modern, comical and originally designed. A definite winner with children and adults alike :D

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus.

06/21/2016 marked as: read

Cíara Conroy I had it as a libary book and it's SO FUNNY! Finally,a book you can say 'no' to!I love it.

message 2: by Brooklynn (new)

Brooklynn Ciara it is funny my teachers read it to me.