Lee's Reviews > The Talisman

The Talisman by Stephen King

Jun 03, 2012

bookshelves: 2012-gr-challenge

Not what I expected, but presently surprised. I really enjoyed this book and the wonderful story of Jack Sawyer. The characters in the book were amazing and easy to fall in love with or hate. It is a wonderful fantasy about multiple worlds with a truly engaging story.

I did find it a bit wordy in spots, and thought on many occasions, just get to the point already. I think that may be why it took me so long to read it. I also kept thinking of The Never-ending Story, while I have not read the book yet, I have seen the movie, and all through this book, I kept thinking of parallels between Jack and Bastien.

I must say my favorite character in the book was not Jack, Wolf was by far my favorite. I loved everything about Wolf and loved how his character was written.

All in all a great story, the end was a bit abrupt, and kind of leaves you hanging in my opinion, but the quote by Twain at the end really does sum it up. You have to end the story somewhere. Four stars for me, and will definitely make my re-read list.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Talisman.

June 3, 2012 – Shelved
November 8, 2012 – Started Reading
November 12, 2012 –
34.0% "Chapter 15 - Snowball"
November 14, 2012 –
November 18, 2012 – Finished Reading
January 3, 2013 – Shelved as: 2012-gr-challenge

Tracy Good choice Lee!

message 2: by Lee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lee Tracy wrote: "Good choice Lee!"

Thanks Tracy!