Danielle's Reviews > Forever and a Day

Forever and a Day by Jill Shalvis

Jun 02, 2012

Forever and a Day has to be my favorite story (well after Ford of course). This book really brought out the best in Jill Shalvis. I absolutely loved the characters and how the story flowed so well together. Although I wasn't a fan of the over all plot to be honest I really didn't care the story held every bit of my attention and I couldn't wait for Josh and Grace to finally realize there feelings for each other.

This story is what I love about romance. The way it was written was almost magical. The way Grace came into Lucky Harbor for a new career was done really well. I like how she tried a bunch of different jobs for the chance to find one she loved and that let her be who she wanted to be, even if it wasnt what her parents had planned for her.

Josh is a hot doctor who happens to work over 80 hours a week and doesn't really have a much of a life anymore. He has not only taking over his fathers practice but he puts in many hours at the ER, takes care of his sister and his 5 year old little boy, and lets not forget the new baby pug. With everything going on his has to question who he is and is he really wanting to take the chances that are coming at him with no warning. does he take them to finally be happy and to be the man he wants to be?

I loved Grace and how she was just willing to try new things and she wasn't afraid to actually fail at them. The only weakness I found in her was with her parents which can be expected. The way Josh and Grace become each others rock was the icing on the cake.

I even fell in love with the secondary characters. Toby was too cute the way he acted especially Tank. I found myself smiling at those memorable scenes. When Toby was asking around to , "are you my mother?" my heart broke.

This was a great addition to the Luck Harbor series. This book really reminded me why I not only love Romance but why Jill Shalvis is my go to author whenever I am in the need for a little laugh, cry and all the magic in between.

If you haven't read the Lucky Harbor series you have no idea what you are actually missing. These are a must buy for everyone who believes in finding the one.

Happy Reading!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Forever and a Day.

June 2, 2012 – Started Reading
page 15
4.63% "I like Josh!"
June 5, 2012 –
page 55
16.98% "Damn Josh is hot!!"
June 5, 2012 –
page 150
46.3% "Totally in love with Josh!"
June 6, 2012 – Finished Reading