Franjessca 's Reviews > The Future of Our Past

Jun 02, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: books-read-in-2012

Review posted on Book Lovin' Mamas

I received a copy of "The Future of Our Past" by Kahlen Aymes from Reading Addiction Book Tours. I'm always wanting to read from new authors and loved the description of "The Future of Our Past".
This is a story of two best friends who have loved each other for awhile now, but they have never shared their feelings with each other. Julia and Ryan met in college and they were inseparable the minute they met each other. Ryan has always loved Julia, but did not have the guts to say anything. Julia has always loved Ryan...but feared if they got together, they would wreck their amazing friendship. It takes Ryan going to Harvard and Julia going off to Los Angeles to have them finally come together. Unfortunately, thousands of miles part is not going to work out for Ryan. He wants Julia close to him in Boston. Julia is loving her job in L.A. though, but is she willing to give it all up to be with the man she has been in love with since the moment she met him?
My thoughts on "A Future of Our Past", was I loved the storyline. Two best friends who have kept their feelings from each other for the longest and their friends realized there was love tension between them both. Julia and Ryan have perfect chemistry and even I was rooting for them to get together. I wished just like Ryan that they would have found out sooner of each other. This book took me through ups and downs of emotions when reading it. I was happy one minute, mad the next, and crying at the very end. Oh boy...was I crying.
This definitely is a emotional roller coaster of a book, so be prepared to have tissues on hand.
This book is also a very steamy read...so if be prepared for some erotic scenes between Julia and Ryan.
Some things that bothered me though, were when Julie always came up with excuses in the beginning on why they shouldn't be together and then the annoying crying after they did get together. Drove me bonkers every time Ryan and her got together and she was in tears afterwards. I know poor Ryan felt awful every time. Another thing, that bothered me is how Ryan seemed whiny and push towards Julia. Julia was doing amazing in L.A. and he was kind of being selfish to have her closer. I could go on and on with how pushy Ryan was. He should have been focusing on his studies at Harvard. I did like the fact how Ryan was very protective of Julia, even when they were just friends. That is a very strong quality that really grew on me about Ryan.
"The Future of Our Past" was a very enjoyable, steamy read.
I recommend it to romance lovers out there and erotica readers.
Like I state above though, be prepared for a emotional roller coaster.
The next book in the Remembrance trilogy, "Don't Forget to Remember Me", should be out soon. I will definitely be reading it since I want to know what happens to Ryan and Julia.

*Disclosure of Material Connection: I am a member of Reading Addiction Blog Tours and a copy of this book was provided to me by the author. Although payment may have been received by Reading Addiction Blog Tours, no payment was received by me in exchange for this review. There was no obligation to write a positive review. All opinions expressed are entirely my own and may not necessarily agree with those of the author, publisher, publicist, or readers of this review. This disclosure is in accordance with the Federal Trade Commision’s 16 CFR, Part 255, Guides Concerning Use of Endorcements and Testimonials in Advertising*
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Future of Our Past.

June 2, 2012 – Started Reading