Kathy's Reviews > Paying the Piper

Paying the Piper by Jaime Samms

Jun 02, 2012

bookshelves: ebook, m-m, review, samms-jaime, bittersweet-romance
Read in June, 2012

Paying the Piper by Jaime Samms is short, but even in the few pages I got a real feel for Michael and even, to a lesser extent, Daniel. Needless to say I found the story too short, but that was the only negative. The overwhelming feeling I was left with, other than regret that Michael wasn't able to work past his issues and keep Daniel, was one of—not satisfaction per se—so much as knowing that, as things stood, there was no way the story could have a different ending. And for a total HEA, or even HFN, fan such as myself, that's saying something.

Did I want an HEA for Michael and Daniel? Of course... but it wasn't in the cards (and if you groan, it's not my fault, honestly!).

Do I have the hope that, at some later time, Michael may find his forever romance with Daniel? You bet! And if it works out at a future date, I'll be thrilled.

But for now, I'm left with a sense of nostalgia, that there was a lesson learned and, as a consequence, a sense of peace. Because as painful as it might be, growth as a person is not something to be taken lightly.

Once again, Jaime Samms has come through with a winner.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Paying the Piper.